Monday, March 14, 2005

A Day in the Life of Feet

The hubby and I went to check out Gateway Mall last Saturday. Is the Philippines the country with the most malls per square kilometer? The ones along EDSA alone must be around 13 already (give or take)! I don't know why it's so. Is it the solution to our country's crumbling economy?

**********

Apart from the incredulity over malls sprouting like mushrooms, I was also amazed by the "coincidence" of bumping into 7 friends that day (len and her homeboy, dandelionfluff, Owel, Paul, Julie, and Hannah). All in Gateway Mall. And these people don't even frequent the place (I think).

There's nothing much to rave about the place. But I like their atrium. It's landscaped with plants and trees, a small bridge, and a koi pond with carp. After strolling about checking out the stores, we decided to try out Taco Bell. Sucked. 'Nuff said. :p

**********

Today was my first day at work. I was overwhelmed by the scope of the project we're handling; to be honest, it was kind of daunting. Not only that, I was also intimidated by the place. I haven't worked in such a large institution as ADB. I was thinking during the start of my orientation that I was way in over my head. But those feelings of inadequacy soon dissipated when I began to understand the various components of the project and what it is I'm supposed to do. I have begun familiarizing myself with the project, getting to know my new officemates, and learning my way around the building. Would you believe I got lost in the complex this afternoon on my way home?! I must've walked for more than ten minutes trying to find the exit. What an eejit. :p It seemed that I had taken the wrong elevator. I hope that doesn't happen again tomorrow. I am so bad with directions! And now, because of all that walking around (plus the trip by foot to Rufo's and the head office in Medical Plaza earlier in the afternoon), the balls of my feet are suffering from burst blisters. They aren't really used to wearing high heeled shoes, at least not the whole day and not subject to much walking. Now, I don't know what shoes I'll be wearing tomorrow. I can barely walk. I'm so sorry, feet. I love you to pieces but I wouldn't actually want you falling into pieces. And I guess there'll be no badminton for me for a while. Sigh.

That pretty much sums up my first day of work. This weekend I'll be posting pics of the new toys that just arrived yesterday. Happiness. :)

8 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, we were at Gateway too last Saturday! I like Gateway coz it's so near my place. And it sure beats just having good ol' Ali Mall as the only "mall" in the area! I should've warned you about Taco Bell. Ate there once and never went back.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger haiku said...

You should've! It was an utter waste of money. :p

Sayang, sana nakita rin namin kayo! :D

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

so the first-day-of-work-suckiness was felt, huh? go and kick some butt there! :)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Actually, it didn't suck at all--except for the part about the popped blisters. I'm surprised that I really love it there and what I'm doing. :)

Thanks! I will surely kick some butts of foreign origin. LOL! :D

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Ver said...

Hello, haiku! How's work so far?

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Work's great! I'm learning a lot of things. :)

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger lengirl said...

we go to gateway for the movies, but it's often glorietta for us :) i have to agree about taco bell - we've also tried it there, and i was like "so what's the hype all about?"

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger haiku said...

I hear the moviehouses in Gateway can rival those of Greenbelt's. Is this true? Hmm...maybe next time we'll try watching a movie at Gateway. :)

So true about Taco Bell! What is the hype all about?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home