Thursday, March 03, 2005

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

I have a job! Woot!

Finally, I've got something better/more productive to do with my time. I'm a lazyass no more! It's been a while since I've held a corporate job. I guess it will take me some time to get used to 9-5 work. Nevertheless, I'm excited. And Rej will be my officemate! I start on the 14th. Things are finally falling into place. Dandelionfluff and Candice share the same sentiment. And, to borrow from opts's philosophy, I believe the universe is indeed taking care of us.

**********

This afternoon I met up with an old friend. He'll be going back to the States this weekend and was kind enough to squeeze in a meeting with me before he left. I finally met his wife, too. Felt good to see a friend who only shows up once in a while--because it's physically impossible to do otherwise as he works in the States. The reason for the rendezvous was to exchange CDs. He's a major Elvis Costello fan, too. And, being the good friend that he is, he gave me these:


The Delivery Man and Imperial Bedroom (Rhino Release)

I couldn't have asked for anything more. The Delivery Man is EC's latest album and Imperial Bedroom is a Rhino Release--meaning it has a bonus disc and liner notes written by no other than Costello himself. This, along with opts's "continuing" presents (Elvis Costello and The Attractions' early stuff) should be enough ear candy to last me for an indefinite period of time. Thank you, good friends. :)

In exchange for the EC CDs, I gave my friend Manny a copy of Sugrafree's Dramachine and Urban Dub's Influence. I hope he likes them. Well, I'm pretty sure he'll like them. :)

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

will you be blogging from the new office? lol.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Hehe, I don't think so. ;) Maybe once I get settled in. But with the overview I was given, I don't think there'll be time for blogging. Well, in the office, at least.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger haiku said...

Thanks, Mitch! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home