Monday, February 28, 2005

A Book Keeper's Story

Found this link on Neil Gaiman's journal. I cried a tear for the lone librarian. Imagine being the sole inhabitant of a municipality! Okay, so she doesn't really feel lonely. Still, I want to hug her. Maybe I just can't picture myself living a life like hers. On second thought, maybe I could--if I had a library all my own, there'd be hardly any time for loneliness as I'd be reading all the books in it! And I would never have to go hungry.

Words are yummy.

A paragraph for breakfast,
A sentence for lunch,
And a phrase for dinner.
Oh, and entire books for dessert.

That would make for a good diet.

3 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aww it does sound so very lonely. I think I *could* have enjoyed such a life if I never met all the interesting people and had all the great experiences outside of books. Still, I wouldn't mind having a library all to myself. :)

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

i agree: i wouldn't mind having one all to myself, too.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger haiku said...

Amen! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home