Saturday, February 19, 2005

A Post Valentine's Post

Did not celebrate V-day. I was never really fond of the day. I have never even celebrated an anniversary with a boyfriend. Of course, now that I'm married, it's different; I do acknowledge wedding anniversaries.

The stereotype of women is that they're big on commemorating events, legitimate holidays or not, as long as the day represents something "monumental". I guess I'm just not a fan of so-called days of ritual. I didn't even greet the hubby a Happy Valentine's. I didn't feel the urge to do so. It's like stating the obvious, you know: of course it was a happy day for him, he's with me! And vice versa. Duh.

Actually, most red-letter days don't hold much meaning for me. Count Christmas in. And Christmas isn't just a day, it's a season. Well, the whole friggin' season just leaves me cold and depressed. Even New Year's has become a dreaded holiday. I'm on my toes for any sign of a house on fire. So, if I'm paranoid the beginning of the new year, does that mean paranoia for the rest of the year? That would really suck.

Back to Heart's Day. Honestly, I wouldn't mind calling each day Valentine's if I receive comments like this. Mr. Anonymous is such a sweetheart. He felt sad for the post that didn't get any comments so he left one. (Apparently, all my friends were on this other journal site where my mirror blog is and they all posted there. ;p) Forgive the mushiness--I rarely do this--but his comment just had me fall in love with him a million times over. I married the right man. :) *swoons*

Okay, those were my three minutes of sappiness. I promise the next post will not be cloyingly saccharine.

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger starshuffler said...

I can relate! I don't really fit that stereotype. It's embarassing to admit na ako pa 'yung nakakalimot ng mga dates. But I'm with a person who thinks that some days are extra special than most. And I'm not complaining.

Re 'anonymous' post--- Awww... :-)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger haiku said...

Yihee! I remember telling you before that I was happy for you. Well, I am still. :)

Our guys really know how to make us happy, don't they? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home