Thursday, September 02, 2004

i'm sensing senselessnes


It's been a while since I last wrote in this blog. Okay, to update the curious cats: we get to keep the doggy. :D Bailey is a full-fleged member of the family now! :D Yes, my mom finally gave in to Bailey's sweetness. She's such a pup, really! :D Anyway, over the weekend, I got her a collar-and-leash set so I can take her out and walk her around the neighborhood. I also bought her some dog soap, biscuits (for when I train her, assuming that I know how), and dog food. I actually felt like I was shopping for my own kid! Well, she is that in a way. :)

On to other matters...I don't know why but these past few days I feel out of touch. And I can't fucking lay my finger on what I've been missing out on. Lately, I feel like I'm doing things mechanically though I've no set routine that I follow everyday. Doesn't make sense, huh? Well, a lot of things have not been making any sense to me the past week. I've been drinking 6 nights in a row, now. No cause for alarm, I am not an alcoholic (Stage 1: Denial). It's just that I miss the buzz I get from alcohol. After a couple of beers or glasses of punch, I seem to not feel anything. Sometimes I take solace in numbness. Funny how alcohol can render you without feeling, yet, at the same time, bring out the fucking sentimental schmuck you try so hard to supress. Haha. That's not supposed to be funny. Haha. Yes, it's supposed to be sarcastic.

******

I took a job exam today. Made me feel fucking stupid. I had completely forgotten my algebra and calculus. The exam consisted of three parts: problem solving, reading and comprehension, and graph interpretation. I was never really good at problem solving. Hell, look at my personal life! Don't get me wrong, okay? My marriage is all well and I'm very happy with my hubby. It's me I'm talking about. 'KWIM? It's "me," just ME. I'm fucking 28 years old and I still don't fucking know where the hell I'm headed. But that is an entirely different story worthy of its own entry. Right now I'm talking about the exam this afternoon. So, okay. One question goes something like this...

There's a tank filled with liquid. There are two valves: a top one and a bottom one. They're both open; the one on top fills the tank with water while the one on the bottom drains it. Given the rate of water coming in and coming out, the solver is asked to find out how long it takes to drain the tank.

Jesus, why continue pouring water in it in the first place if you're just gonna drain it, anyway?! It's a rat race out there. If you're going to empty the tank, then stop adding water so the job gets done faster and easier! This dog-eat-dog world waits for no one!

Sigh. I don't know what I'm cut out to do. I am no problem solver; that I've realized way before I took the exam. All the more afterwards! Another sigh.

Life...how do you decipher it?

3 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doc, there's a vacancy in the Bulletin last Sunday (wasn't sure u saw it). Unit 2003 20th floor West Tower PSE Center, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center Look for Jinky/Cherry/Wilma. It's a European-based Research AGency looking for an RA that is a ComRes grad. Show up in person 9-5 M-F to apply.

Your friend from the swamp
http://swampophelia.motime.com

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Ian said...

*snaps fingers* sayang. If you had to give up the puppy I would have called dibs on it. *grins* hee hee....

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger haiku said...

LOL! Sorry, but she's not going anywhere. :) If she were your pup, she most probably will be taking a dip in your pool everyday. She loves splashing in our tiny pond! One of these days she's gonna kill the fish! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home