Friday, August 13, 2004

this poker game called life

Just when you think life is all peachy, something comes up that suddenly makes you realize that your peach is rotten to the core and infested with maggots. Reality check, as they say. And reality bites. It sinks its teeth real hard at times that it permanently leaves a mark. What happened two days ago is proof of that. I won't go into the ugly details as it should be kept in utmost confidentiality. But I'll say this much (and many have said as much as well):

That which can't kill you can only make you stronger.

You know, I am lucky that I have been given the strength to deal with the blows that have come these past couple of months and the resilience to go on with life. I realized long ago that you can't choose the cards you're dealt with so might as well play your hand as strategically as you can. Take note, it is not easy to bluff fate. Sometimes she keeps an extra card up her sleeve; she can be very tricky. You never know what surprises she might have in store for you so be prepared. Also, you have to be sure about the decisions you make because you have to stick by them. One wrong move can cost you everything that you hold dear. That's why I'm hoping against hope that everyone involved in this ill circumstance is playing his/her cards right.

I can say I've encountered so much of life in my 28 years of existence. I've chalked a lot of things up to experience that my blackboard is nearly full. Seems like I need to start with a clean slate very soon. If the compassionate forces in the universe are listening, I hope they grant my humble wish. I am wishing that on behalf of a couple of other people, too. I can only do so much! I can only give so much...and I can only take so much. And all things wear thin. Even strength.

Sigh. Just when I thought life was all peachy...

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger haiku said...

you overly critical whiner! LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home