Monday, July 26, 2004

i heart toys

Just got back from Galleria after accompanying my hubby to his stripping gig. Oh, yes, we are quite a tandem! You can say we've had much practice. (Insert naughty look here.) Actually, I tagged along because I had a another agenda in mind.

I bought a Doc Ock (Tentacle Attack) action figure a couple of days ago, but I carefully wrapped and sealed it in plastic then stored it in our toy bin. That one is not for playing with. It is just meant to be looked at and appreciated. I put him beside a similarly plastic-mummified Spider-Man with 46 points of articulation, which, can I just say, is simply the best! :D We have another super-poseable Spidey, this one we freed from the blister pack...which brings me to my other agenda for tagging along to Galleria: I wanted to get another Doc Ock figure that I will take out of the packaging so he can be Spidey's playmate... or nemesis, whichever he prefers. I think he's bored out of his wits. Saw him vandalizing our Buddha bust last week. I knew then I had to take action 'cause that could mean bad karma.

However, now this is the part that sucks big time, when I got to the toys section, there weren't any Doc Ocks left! Waaah! The last two have just been purchased before I arrived. Woe is me. :( I was hoping I'd find one there. Ended up just buying Marvel Legends V Silver Surfer with Howard the Duck (who bears an uncanny resemblance to Donald, by the way) for my hubby's sadistic hobby. He will be mangling him, disjointing, stripping (the paint, dummy, besides, SS is already nude), and what-other-torture-have-you, when he eventually uses him as base for a custom figure. Poor surfer dude. He just had to shoot for the moon (well, literally). He should've just stuck it out in the beaches of California.

Okay, that's enough toy-talk for today. I have to cut this short, anyway. Our band is playing at some hole-in-the-wall tonight. We didn't practice, but it's okay. We blindly believe that no practice makes good gigs. Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't suck. Before I leave, though, I've got a haiku for you.


Rained on my parade,
Drenched the band and majorettes,
Sadness overflowed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home