Saturday, July 24, 2004

as a matter of fact

Have you ever wondered what happens to deleted text?  Are words that appear on your screen considered matter?  They do occupy space.  But, do they have weight?  If there is some way that you can gather all the letters on your screen, can you actually put them on a scale and weigh them?  I don't think those words tranform into a state of gas.  Or liquid.  I am even hesitatant to call them solid, to begin with.  I sure as hell cannot touch them.  Maybe the cursor can elucidate.  After all, it is the only thing that comes in direct contact with the stuff on the screen. 

You must be saying, "Oh no, there she goes again with here senseless dissection of mundane matters."  Hold it, remember the greatness that lies within?  I may be onto something here.  You'll see how this will all tie in with Einstein's Theory of Relativity and quantum space.  Prepare, for the earth might tremble any minute now! 
 
Okay, back to earth and my pseudo-intellectual musings.  You're probably wondering what brought all this about.  Well, I was writing on this blog and due to my brain's incapacity, I was having a hard time stringing words together and I kept fumbling with stupid typos that I had to delete every other three words I type.  Then it crossed my mind.  When you write something in pencil and you decide to erase it you see the lead come off with the eraser.  It's still there, though it's transformed in shape.  On the other hand, where do deleted stuff on the net go and what form do they take once they've been erased?  Do they become metaphysical souls stuck in some sort of cyber limbo?  Is there a hell for bad words?  That would be the religious point of view, I guess. 
 
Sigh.  I think this may be too much for my brain.  This monologue can spin off to any direction and I don't think I'm prepared to tackle existentialism in various levels.  I better stop now before I cross that fine line into insanity.  

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger haiku said...

lol! i was on oxygen and a little bit of carbon monoxide from trikes passing by the house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home