Saturday, January 15, 2005

Trophy Days

Busy is good. There is less time to wallow in depression, engage in philosophical rants, or figure out the various levels of existentialism.

When I got home last night, my legs were aching from walking miles and miles yesterday. After doing some ocular in a factory in Las PiƱas for a project I'm working on with dandelionfluff right now, we went to Makati to grab lunch. After heading our separate ways, I attended to some official business I had intended to do while in the area. Instead of taking the FX to and from destinations, I decided to take the skywalk and get some exercise. Last stop in Makati was Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf where I met with opts and had a lovely conversation. How quickly time flew! And I got a bunch of Elvis Costello CDs. Thank you, thank you! I absolutely, positively, enormously, love them! As if you didn't already know that. :p

Anyway, When I finally headed home, the MRT was jampacked. I suffered the whole ride being squished by hordes of people. It was like an ant colony! Usually people thin out at the Cubao stop. But last night was an anomaly. From the Ayala station to the Northern end, the passengers did not let up. I couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief, and fresh air, when the train finally made it to the last stop. I got off then walked to SM North Edsa. Had dinner with ultraman, bumped into Jason who was having a smoke outside Tower Records, walked back and forth SM Cyberzone, then finally, this time for real, headed home.

Thus, with all the walking around the whole day, my legs began to ache. And because I have a masochistic nature, I still pushed myself to play badminton this afternoon. It really feels good to be sweating and moving all my limbs. Haven't gotten any serious kind of exercise for months now! And there's nothing like the good feeling that comes with exercise, especially with the thought that I managed to kill some of those stubborn fat cells.

So, all in all, yesterday and today (though today has yet to end) were one of those good days when I felt I had a good grasp of life and its workings and I can't find anything to complain about, aching legs and jampacked MRT notwithstanding.

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

whoa! haiks is sweating it out! if you feel sore the next day, the greatest relief ever is to, uhm, to sweat it out again.

cheers!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Ver said...

I usually do that when I'm depressed -- get busy! Just don't get busy thinking about how depressed you are. :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Mike-- I do have plans of doing it again, although a bit delayed; the next badminton session is set for Saturday. At least the muscle aches have disappeared. I guess walking around in Makati served as some kind of extreme warm-up. LOL!

Ver-- That would be the worst kind of busy! Hehe. I guess I still have my wits intact enough not to engage into that kind of preoccupation. ;)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Hahaha! Because you're always saying that you're busy with so many things. Ryllah texted you that we were in Makati. :p You knew but you didn't make that extra effort to walk from Glorietta to Greenbelt. Bwahaha! Pero promise, next time I'm in Makati, I'll drop by your office. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home