Tuesday, January 04, 2005

the days of insomnia are back

Maybe my depression's caused by my dysfunctional body clock. It can't tell the difference between day and night. I stay awake all night, sleep when the sun comes up, wake up in the middle of the day, then wonder what the hell just happened to the better part of the day.

I've been living like a zombie the past few days as I've been having trouble sleeping. The cogs in my head ceaselessly whir and squeak that they've been keeping me awake. Semi-lucid dreams scramble on top of each other that I can't remember a thing when I finally open my eyes and, with a sigh, surrender to the futility of sleep. I'm hoping tonight will be different. But something about how my senses are still keen and alert tells me that this is going to be yet another looong night.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

i think you should go and have a doctor check you up.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I know how you feel! There was a time when I was like that, although admittedly it was my fault. I loved having a cup of coffee after dinner. It's not a wonder I had bouts of insomnia when the caffeine kicked in. Doesn't lying-down-and-closing-your-eyes-when-you-have-to-sleep-already work for you? Get a new fluffy pillow! Drink milk before you go to sleep! Read til you get drowsy! Hehe.

I hope you feel better soon.:) -jill

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Bullish--I am allergic to doctors. Hehe. But at least I got to sleep last night. :)

Jill--Thanks for the tips, but warm milk doesn't do me any good. And a book just keeps me awake; especially if it's a really good book. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home