Friday, November 26, 2004

gasp!

Finally, after two weeks of running here and there, doing this and that, I am able to come up for air and relish this momentary lull.

Thanks to all those who expressed their sympathies over the death of my beloved rabbit. I still miss her terribly and I still cry at odd times. Now, I am spending more time with Vanity, the surviving little ska rabbit. Oh, she's such a precocious one (or not)! That one just loves the jolt, or should I say volt, she gets from nibbling on electrical wires. We've already taken extra precaution and hidden all wires, cords, and what-have-you so now she's reduced to tripping on cardboard and shoes. :p

**********

Okay, I guess we've all had enough rabbit talk to last us a week so let me just tell you what happened during my blog absence: I found the cure to blog addiction! I'm sure everyone would be interested in that...or not. :p I hear SIMS 2 is a possible antidote. I wouldn't want to find out. God knows (and my hubby, too) how I spent sleepless nights in front of the computer building the house of my dreams and forcing couples together in SIMS 1. Hahaha! I remember those days. Gawd, I was a total SIMS addict! Haven't touched the stuff since I went cold turkey. I'm afraid to get mired in it again. :p

Seriously, I don't exactly remember what I did the past two weeks; well, the first week of the two weeks, to be more precise (uh, did you just understand that? I am so articulate!). The second week was devoted to cramming a business book summary for a certain website, with band practice, gigs, and social calls squeezed in between. I really can't recall what happened the week prior to that, which was the week after Cotton died.

**********

So, now I'm back. And now I finally have the time to upload those videoke photos I promised everyone. On second thought, we're having another guilt-ridden session tomorrow night. Maybe I'll just post more updated pictures then. :) Standby for that.

**********

We already have a complete set of Marvel Legends 7! Woohoo! :) Unfortuantely, we weren't able to get the Phasing Vision chase figure. Tough luck. Later I will be trading with a fellow toy collector. I'll be giving him Prince Adam (He-Man) for a Marvel Legends Daredevil. Previously he traded a Marvel Legends Hulk for my extra Doc Ock. How cool is that?! :D

**********

I missed The Incredibles! What a loser I am! Boohoo. But, I've got a bunch of borrowed DVDs lined up. Finally, I'll be able to watch Aronofsky's "Requiem for a Dream!" And, somebody promised to lend me Wong Kar Wai's "2046." :D Life is good! Did I mention I watched Elf yesterday and was practically ROFL? Will Ferell's got to be the craziest comedian next to Jim Carrey! :D

Aside from the movies lined up, I also have a new book I so look forward to reading: Abarat II. As soon as I finish Chabon's "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay," I'll be devouring Abarat like mad, I swear. Reading two books simultaneously has never been my thing. I really admire those who can do that, like Joelle. :) And, speaking of Joelle, now I remember another thing I did last week! I watched her ballet performance in a show called "Ang Bagong Bituin!" She was just astoundingly brilliant! What I'd give to be as graceful and as poised! Hahaha! It was very surreal, like a hazy dream. The next day I woke up wondering if I had really been to the CCP (Cultural Center of the Philippines) and experienced those magical two hours. I'd like to experience that again. :) Paging Joelle: inform me when you're having a show again, alright? :D

**********

Whew, I just realized this is a very looooong entry. I guess I missed blogging after all.

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger bullish1974 said...

That one just loves the jolt, or should I say volt, she gets from nibbling on electrical wires. We've already taken extra precaution and hidden all wires, cords, and what-have-you so now she's reduced to tripping on cardboard and shoes. <--- hahaha! this is so funny! i'm now thinking of getting a makulit rabbit! :D

yeah, you've been quiet lately. glad you're back.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger haiku said...

Rabbits are so cute, I swear! :) Lalo na pag makulit. Go get a couple! :) Just make sure you place all your remote controls out of reach. I forgot to mention this one time Vanity chewed on the rubber buttons of my TV remote. :p

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger joelle said...

it depends on your mood or how involved in the story you are. i've been reading return of the king forever (to mayo's sharp cries of "what????!!! finish already!!!") so that doesn't really count, right? i'll invite you to every show from now on :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home