Friday, November 12, 2004

when dreams are made

Go sleep the fitful slumber of a soul that's found its home,
Go greet the august morning with pink lips curled in a radiant smile,
Go frolic in the field of blossoming dandelions--
There in the land of youth and beauty eternal.

Go float in the breeze of a mild spring day,
Go catch a ride on the feathery clouds,
Go sail with the east wind to find your adventure--
There in the land of peace and happiness eternal.

Go laugh and sing with the birds and butterflies,
Go run and chase the rainbow's end,
Go snatch the stars when the moon isn't looking--
There in the land of freedom and love eternal.

Go, my beloved, wish dreams of interminable joy,
Then, knowing in my heart your happiness is sublime,
I shall weep no more.


Cotton (2002-2004)

9 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tears in my eyes. :( At least Cotton's in bunny heaven now, and she's no longer in pain.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no......

*HUGS*

I remember the last time I lost a pet -- not the family pet, but MY pet -- I was heartbroken. I think that's probably one of the reasons I haven't gone out of my way to get another pet of my own since then. My sympathies.

- Ian

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've lost three grown rabbits and many rabbit babies. It's always a sad thing ,(

- opts

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Thank you for the sympathy, everyone. Now I'm starting to think posting Cotton's picture was a bad idea. Everytime I look at it, my eyes automatically well up.

Yes, Ian, it is very difficult to lose a pet. And opts, it is even more difficult to deal if you've only got two rabbits and one dies. This is the first time I've cried this much over a pet; every time I remember her, my heart breaks all over again.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe rabbits make good dog food... seriously... but seriousness aside, sorry for your loss, Doc...

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

awww... *hugs* for donna.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh poor dear. at least Cotton is in a better place now (hopefully not in anyone's stomach... well maybe the worms' stomach... do they have stomachs? it's only a simple digestive system.... ooops sorry thoughts going everywhere now).

Cotton was essentially you're baby so I can understand the loss. let yourself weep some more if need be, because it is important that you let yourself grieve completely. did you have a service of sorts? labas tayo you like?

swampie

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger starshuffler said...

*hugs*

Relate ako, pero sa tingin ko mas masuwerte ka pa nga, at least alam mo kung nasan si Cotton. I lost three cats, all with maroon id collars. I don't know where they are, and I don't know if they're still alive. Hula namin may nagnanakaw ng pusa rito sa amin. I couldn't even blog about it, until this comment. :-( It's been months and I still cry about it.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger kei said...

awww....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home