Wednesday, January 12, 2005

blather-dee, blather-da

The cold bug hit me again. But only for the whole day yesterday. In most cases, my runny nose and puffed and teary eyes are caused by an allergic reaction. But now I know it also has to do with stress. If I'm not careful enough to take things easy, my immune system breaks down. I guess I also have a weak immune system, to begin with. :p Maybe the sleepless nights have taken their toll on my body.

The night before last, both me and my hubby couldn't sleep. It wasn't as bad for me because I don't have work. He, on the other hand, had to wake up at 3am to go work. He ended up not sleeping at all. Lack of sleep notwithstanding, it was a fun night. We spent it fooling around. Not the sexual kind of fooling around, but the silly kind. I told him I'd sing him a lullaby. I sang the Birthday Song. He did the same. Then we started doing second voice alternately. We were horrendously out of tune, but we didn't care. We must've irked the hell out of the nocturnal bugs and insects! So, in the middle of the night, we were laughing like crazy and singing the Birthday Song. No one's birthday was coming up. His was a month ago while mine is 5 months away. See the absurdity of it all? Sometimes I think it's this room that's making people crazy. :p

When the Birthday Song laugh trip was over, I told him, "Let's do the dial tone thingy in Adaptation." For those of you who have seen the movie, you know exactly what I mean. For those who haven't, here's a backgrounder: Meryl Streep was tripping out and she called up this guy (sorry, forgot his name, but I think he's the Dad of the gay kid gay Dad of the kid who had a crush on Thora Birch's character in American Beauty) and asked him if they could emulate the sound of a dial tone. Each of them hummed a particular note that, when done together, sounds like a dial tone. So that's what we did. We hummed together to form sound waves resembling a dial tone. It was actually kind of relaxing because when you hum a note, your temples vibrate in a soothing manner. Kinda like when you murmur a prolonged "OM."

I don't remember what else we did but we sure had a blast. Mababaw lang talaga kaligayahan namin. LOL! Just like when we came up with a "Name that Christmas Tune" game last Christmas. We didn't invite any participants because we were sure they won't agree with the rules of the game. See, we put a twist: when you hum a song, you have to change the tune. You sing the lyrics in your head but the tune is altogether different; you make it up off the bat. In this case, you have to enumerate all the Christmas songs you know before you hit the answer, unless, of course, you have ESP. I know it's a ridiculous game--so ridiculous it puts the word "ridiculous" to shame, as if "ridiculous" in itself isn't shameful enough. Uhm, did that make any sense? You get what I mean.

So, there. I don't even know what kind of entry this is. On second thought, I think it carries the theme: worthless, time-wasting stuff. There you go.

3 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, so you blame your room for making people crazy... no wonder you turned out that way.
i don't think the movie you were referring to is American Beauty. i know what it is but i just can't get it out of my head at the moment *gasp* i hate this feeling! ahh, i know. Happiness. there! *smile*

hey joon, what's wrong with snoring??!
ah-ah-ah

- A -

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Haha, Joon, I think you hit a nerve there. :p Thanks for the actor's name.

Yes, Annette, Chris Cooper was in American Beauty. Pero correction: he's the gay dad of the kid who had a crush on Thora Birch's character. Pero I don't think nasa Happiness siya, Anita.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh him, oh that, now i remember.

correctioned, correctional
- A -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home