Friday, January 07, 2005

gundam-it, i'm obsessed with chairs!

I finished my first Gundam kit, Gundam Astray Blue Frame, this afternoon! I have yet to define the lines with a black marker, though. Nevertheless, I am happy with it. Too bad my camera didn't do justice to it. Darn it for not having macro settings. Darn the owner for not getting one with such settings. :p

I actually won the Gundam Astray Blue Frame at the Toyrepublic's Christmas Party raffle. I started working on it last night and gave up after two hours. I woke up early this morning to finish it, breaking only for lunch. The only drawback of working non-stop are the sore thumbs I have right now. I think I've overworked my thumbs and they're not making me forget it. My fingertips hurt as well; kinda like the pain you get when you've cut your nails a bit too short. Argh.

On to a completely different topic (but not different from that of two days ago). This is my favorite chair. Just like Mike (not my Mike), I adore Baguio/Northern-made furniture. Sadly, I can't use this as a computer chair since it's too small--or low--or both. Right now, its existence is purely decorative. On second thought, not entirely so, 'cause it also serves as a night table since I don't have one. Before I retire for the night, it becomes a rest haven for my glasses, cell phone, and book. I can't say I've utilized it for its original and main purpose since I normally sit in bed or use the computer-chair-that-needs-to-be-replaced when I'm in the bedroom. When friends come over, there's usually stuff in this chair, so they don't get to enjoy the marvelous sitting experience it has to offer. Okay, so I got a bit carried away there. Bottomline: the chair is nice and quaint and comfortable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I miss going out on Saturday afternoons. Good thing I'll be meeting with dandelionfluff tomorrow, a perfect excuse to get out of the house and enjoy a leisurely Saturday. Coffee and conversation will be a perfect way to waste the day away.

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger haiku said...

Yeah! I'm kinda looking forward to gigging again. Maybe one of these days I'll pick up the guitar again and actually start practicing. Hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home