Saturday, November 12, 2005

Alcoholiday

There's a tingling sensation coursing through my arms and legs. Probably the toxic residues of last night's binge drinking. No thanks to my two co-workers who had their birthday blow-out yesterday. Thankfully, I still had my wits about me, as the laurel leaf said. Though I was having difficulty walking a straight line by that time. My feet didn't seem to want to follow the direction my mind instructed them to go. Nevertheless, I still managed to walk straight.

The end of the evening was a different story, however. When I try to recall the events that transpired last night, it feels like there's a gap in my memory. I must've been really drunk as I couldn't even remember how I managed to get some cash from the ATM. And then all I remember was going to Mini-stop to get some bottled water and having this conversation with my office mate that in 2001 (if my memory serves me right), a person in cyberspace was only 19 clicks away from an acquaintance. The logic of which became the foundation of online apps like Friendster. Now, of course, as our network of friends get bigger, the number of clicks decrease. I also remember a part of the conversation where I was in denial about my inebriated state. I was spewing out numbers...5 x 5 is 25...the square root of this is that...and so on. What geekiness, I now realize.

It was a fun night in all. I just had to pay the price--a steep one at that--with this debilitating hangover. Up 'til now, I still feel drunk. I woke up lunchtime with a splitting headache and numb arms and legs. I had lunch with my folks, trying to keep a decent demeanor, hiding the fact that my stomach was all topsy turvy and one tiny mistake could send me throwing up on the table. That could've been really, really ugly. After lunch, I slept again. I hibernated practically the whole day! When I woke up around 5:30pm I felt so weak--as if my limbs were weighing me down. Ugh! I really hate these kinds of hangovers. Downing an assortment of beers (and some wine) was a very ill-advised decision. I had some San Mig light, Red Horse, Strong ice, and half a glass of wine. It's up there in the list of stupidest things to do.

As of this writing, I am still feeling a bit woozy. And I have to repeat the oath I make during a hangover: I'll never drink again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home